Tuesday 12 August 2014

Didn't I Tell You? I'm Going To Hamilton Island..... (AGAIN)

My friend at work, Dana, is always going on holidays to Hamilton Island she talks about it before during and after. She loves it and has told me of the amazing things she does while visiting but mostly how beautiful this place is.  Due to a set of circumstances earlier this year, an opportunity came up for Michael and I to take a holiday, it was during the onset of winter which we both agreed we wanted to embrace warmer weather. I found a deal online which was too good to be true! So I really enjoyed telling everyone at work where I was going again and again to stir Dana up!!! So I was lucky she was kind enough to write me her Top 10 List of MUST DOs for our visit! 

My Sister also snagged the same online deal & when she asked me to join her just 6 short weeks after our visit my response was "I thought you would never ask!!"  Most people know that when I came home from Hamilton Island with Michael, I suffered from serious PHB (Post Holiday Blues) I found it REALLY hard to stop thinking of the good time we had, so of course when Skye asked me to join her, Michaels main worry was that I might come home with PHB he said he couldn't live through it again. (No guarantees Hun) 

So initially when I started writing I thought about Hamo with all the fantastic things you can do, believe you me there is ALOT, from water sports to Great Barrier Reef Tours, visits to Whitehaven Beach, lunch at the Golf Club, dinner at beautiful restaurants, Sunset Cocktails,  or just lie on the beach really the list is endless you will never be bored here, then I figured most people will do that stuff regardless! It occurred to me the one thing that people might skip or not know about or might think it's not worth seeing is the bush land, the panoramic views from doing some of the most Ah-Mazing bush walks are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Best of all ..... they are FREE!!!! 

The best way to explore the island is literally 2 feet and a heart beat, do not, I repeat, DO NOT,  miss this amazing experience. Passage Peak  (Dana we will just have to share him) from my first climb I fell in love!  I just wanted to sit there and literally breathe in the serenity, the view is at the highest vantage of the whole island, you can just see everything particularly the WhitSunday Island & back to the restores. An easier walk, if you climb to Resort Look Out looking over at Passage Peak is just as beautiful.  It doesn't matter what time of the day you do a walk it's heaven! My 2nd favourite is walk is to Coral Cove followed by a close 3rd, Escape Beach both secluded and quiet you could pack a lunch frolic on the private (both times I have been completely alone) not to mention most pristine beaches I've seen - Bondi you ain't got nothin on this place! 

I'm lucky to have someone share this with me - I wouldn't have know this otherwise and would have missed out on literally the best part of the island! I'm off for another walk to make the most of my last day here! If you are planning a visit and want some tips email me lauren@allthegoodies@gmail.com I'd love to help.

Love Lauren xx





Above Coral Cove - From The Air (Don't Tell Jetstar) + On Foot From My Walk 




Escape Beach From The Air (Don't Tell Jetstar) + On Foot From My Walk 


Resort LookOut - Back Over Passage Peak - Gorgeous! 


ME  !! At The Top Passage Peak - when you get to the top you feel SO good!!! 


Views from Passage Peak to the Resort


Early Morning Light - Passage Peak 




No comments:

Post a Comment