Saturday 9 August 2014

Happy Feet

I once owned a pair of Brown Jesus Sandals, circa 2003, I loved them got around everywhere in them and I wore them with everything, jeans rolled up, shorts and skirts I wore them riding my bike at the pub & shopping!!!! 

2014 come full circle ( as usual it seems) I looked in horror at Instagram & online and every one seemed to be wearing them well was no way I wasn't going to succumb again to the Slide, Mandals as they are referred to these days. Yet when adopting the minimalist packing plus something dressier than Havaianas Thong (I still have after all these years NFI on the correct pronunciation) I just kept being drawn back to them they look so cool & comfortable. 

So I caved to the Birkenstock ...... Birks as Im fondly referring to them. I chose White in colour,  they go with everything & yep super comfortable. I'm glad I went down a size my feet are small usually a UK 36 but I went down to a UK 35 in these babies! Besides the fact that my niece keeps making me feel self conscious every day so far asking me  "Aunty Lauren Why do you keep wearing those shoes?!" Ive taken to ignoring her comment and admiring my feet, plus outfit planning for the black ones I'll be purchasing and running this summer! 

Hope you have had a great weekend 

Love Lauren xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment